This session is designed to provide clarity around assessments teachers can use in order to make targeted reading instructional decisions.
Guidance will be shared regarding specific assessment tools teachers can use across the school year, including screening and diagnostic assessment tools to support students in grades K-5. Free assessment tools are provided.
Facilitators’ Guide: Literacy Assessment for Targeted Instruction
Modes of Learning
Participants will receive an overview of the literacy assessment sequence maps provided as part of this module. A trainer presentation is provided that can be used to walk participants through these resources in a synchronous environment.
- Explain essential understandings guiding targeted ELA assessment
- Explain how to use the Literacy Assessment Map to guide targeted instructional decisions
- Identify specific assessment tools for screening and diagnostic assessment in literacy and how they assess essential components of the foundational skills continuum.
- Literacy Assessment for Targeted Instruction (Google Slides)
- Literacy Assessment for Targeted Instruction (Powerpoint)
- Kindergarten assessments
- Grade 1 assessments
- Grade 2 assessments
- Grade 3 assessments
- Grade 4 assessments
- Grade 5 assessments
- Additional Assessments (K-5)
For more information, or if you are unable to access any of the resources provided, contact:
- Kathryn Bailey, Broome-Tioga BOCES
- Nicole Fenty, Binghamton University