The 2020-21 school year has looked very different across New York state and the U.S. at large. The pandemic has influenced how students learn at all grade levels and in all school settings. The shift of teaching and learning from in-person to remote/hybrid has greatly impacted how we support students’ academic progress. Relationships, routines and resources are the foundation for effective partnerships.
In this session, we will have a roundtable discussion about the resources created and available to support Families as Partners in remote and hybrid learning environments. Discussion will focus on professional development successes and challenges in this focus area. In addition, we will share a sample agenda and various activity ideas for districts to use for a celebration of National Family Day.
Modes of Learning
For this training, facilitators will need a copy of the Families as Partners Session 6 (Trainer Presentation) slide deck to guide your conversation. Additional resources are detailed below.
- Session 6 Slide Deck
- National Family Day Sample Agenda
- National Family Day Sample Flyer
- Identify attributes of positive relationships, routines, and resources with families as partners.
- Discuss successes and challenges as PD professionals when supporting relationships, routines, and resources with families as partners.
- Share event agenda and activities for growing relationships, routines, and resources with families as partners connected to National Family Day.
For more information, or if you are unable to access any of the resources provided, please contact: