In this session, participants will review the essential elements for creating mini webinettes in content areas for English language learners, in English.
Participants will deepen their understanding of scaffolds and supports shared in previous sessions, and explore effective means of implementation.
Facilitator’s Guide: Creating Effective Supports & Scaffolds for ELLs
Modes of Learning
This session includes active participation, with opportunities for participants to work in small groups and share their learning with a larger group. Previously shared tools and concepts are referenced.
Module 6: Creating Effective Supports (PPT) | Module 6: Creating Effective Supports (Google Slides)
- Math Webinette #2, Representing Functions
- Session 5 Toolkit
- Webinette Planning Sheet
- Review the essential elements for creating mini-webinettes in content areas for ELLs.
- Deepen understanding of scaffolds and supports shared in previous sessions, and explore effective means of implementation.
For more information, or if you are unable to access any of the resources provided:
- Marijo Pearson, Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES
- Lourdes Roa, Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES