In this session, we will be exploring strategies for prosocial leaders who model best practices in social emotional wellness and ensure that all school stakeholders feel safe, cared for, respected and valued.
Modes of Learning
The session was designed to be delivered virtually over your platform of choice. It is recommended to choose a platform that has breakout room capabilities for participants to engage in smaller, rich, group dialogue.
This is the fifth unit of a six-part e-learning series with each three-hour unit being delivered in synchronous sessions.
Participants will be able to:
- Develop strategies to enhance effective leadership by supporting school leaders to deepen their social and emotional competencies, which set the foundation for staff and student success.
- Define prosocial leadership, and examine the prosocial leader’s responsibility to ensure that all staff, students, parents, and community members feel safe, cared for, respected, and valued.
- Participate in activities for school leadership that models good and best practices in SEL.
- Trainer presentation
- Leadership Circles and Welcoming Ritual
- Social Emotional Learning Vision Activity
- Adult Survey Question Bank
- Marcus Garvey Elementary School Case Study
- Principal SEL Article Review
Additional resources are embedded within the slide deck presentation and linked in the Facilitator’s Guide.