Explore strategies for scaffolding content instruction at varying proficiency levels and fostering ELLs’ access to content during distance learning and hybrid instruction.
Facilitator’s Guide: Scaffolding for ELLs in Distance Learning or Hybrid Settings (Session 3)
Modes of Learning
This professional learning opportunity includes a webinar recording and an accompanying tools packet. Throughout the presentation, participants will be asked to pause and reflect to themselves or pause and complete something in the tools packet. The tools packet can be printed out or downloaded.
Opportunities to take these resources and use them with a group of educators synchronously are detailed in the Facilitator’s Guide, linked above.
- Scaffolding for ELLs recorded webinar presentation
- Scaffolding slide deck
- Tools packet
- Padlet resource sharing tool
- Describe challenges and opportunities for ELLs during distance or hybrid learning
- Define scaffolding for ELLs
- Explore strategies for scaffolding tasks for ELLs during distance or hybrid learning
- Apply a 5-step framework to scaffold content instruction for ELLs in a distance or hybrid learning environment
For more information, or if you are unable to access any of the resources provided:
- Marijo Pearson, Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES
- Lourdes Roa, Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES