The 2020-21 school year has looked very different across New York state and the U.S. at large. The pandemic has influenced how students learn at all grade levels and in all school settings. The shift of teaching and learning from in-person to remote/hybrid has greatly impacted how we support students’ academic progress. Relationships, routines and resources are the foundation for effective partnerships.
In this session, we will celebrate successful partnership between schools and families during the 2020-21 school year. We will use these “wins” as a springboard for 2021-22 fall planning and take the time for reflective practice in reviewing the last school year as well. This session will build upon the resources shared in Session 4.
Facilitator’s Guide: Celebrating Relationships, Routines, and Resources (Session 5)
Modes of Learning
For this training, facilitators will need a copy of the Families as Partners Session 5 (Trainer Presentation) slide deck to guide your conversation. Additional resources are detailed below.
- Session 5 Slide Deck
- Celebrations (printables)
- A Starting Point for Educator New School Year Planning
- Ideas for Reflective Practices (Part 2)
- Identify attributes of positive relationships, routines, and resources with families as partners.
- Celebrate successful strategies to support relationships, routines, and resources with families as partners.
- Share reflective practices to plan for growing relationships, routines, and resources with families as partners.
For more information, or if you are unable to access any of the resources provided, please contact:
- Amy Konz, Mohawk Regional Information Center
- Barbara Tasber, Broome-Tioga BOCES